This session is for your one year old's cake smash! I come to your home for the session and bring everything needed for the basic setup plus some decorations and props if requested. This session takes about an hour with setup and cleanup. For the first half of the session, I setup the area and then take portraits of your one year old using the backdrop setup. Then for the second half we introduce the cake and just let them have fun. You can follow up the cake smash with a quick bubble bath.
Click here to see examples of cake smash sessions!
• Flooring (paper) in a color you request that matches your theme.
• Backdrop (walling) in white, brown wood, or grey wood, or we can use the same color as the flooring
• Props and minimal decorations: various crates, tiny chair, ONE letters, metal tub for bath, and greenery such as eucalyptus vines. I bring whatever I think will work with your setup.
• Metal wash tub if you choose to do a bubble bath after the cake smash
• Since the session is done in your home, you must have a room that has adequate size for my set up and lighting equipment. I need an area about 10'x12' in size to set up.
• Choosing the Theme: Choose colors that are soft and neutral such as white, cream, pale pink, mint green, light blue, rather than bold and dark colors like black, red, and hot pink.
• Decorations: I have minimal decorations so most of them need to be provided by you. Many people choose decorations they can use again for their child's birthday party, such as: small balloons, pompoms, a banner to hang from the backdrop (decorative, or with your child's name), chunky jewelry for the little girls (such as pearls), stuffed animals, party hat for your baby, etc. The setup area is not large so you don't need a huge amount of decorations.
• Outfits: You can choose two outfits - a nicer outfit or dress for the portraits, then change your baby into something that you don't mind cake getting all over. If you want them in a diaper for the cakesmash, I would recommend getting a cute diaper cover.
• Cake: You will need to provide this to make sure allergies aren't an issue. Choose a small simple cake (6 inches) or an oversized cupcake. Choose icing colors that are light and neutral and cake that is a light color like white or yellow. I don't recommend chocolate cake/icing or dark icing like red and dark blue. Feel free to decorate the cake with flowers or numbers. If you want the cake on a small cake stand, use something that doesn't tip easily (like an upside down bowl). Many clients get simple cakes from local grocery store bakeries, but if you want names of professional bakers just let me know!
• Bath: You can choose to have your child take a bubble bath after the cake smash - this portion usually lasts 5-10 minutes. We use the same are where the cake smash was done. I bring my metal tub unless you have another tub you want to use, and you provide the bubble bath.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Cake Smash (baby only): $400
• This session lasts about an hour with set up and clean up. You receive 20 fully edited images.
Cash Smash (with family or siblings): $450
• This session is the same as above, but during the portrait time we also take 4-5 photos of the family and/or your baby with their siblings. I use the cake smash backdrop if I can fit everyone in, or we use an area of your home for the photos. You receive 25 fully editing images.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All sessions are all inclusive with no further purchase required and come with high resolution digital files including a print release.
Sessions that take place in Colorado Springs will be subject to sales tax in addition to the session fee.
You receive a private gallery where you can download your images, plus the option to purchase wall art in the form of professional prints, standouts, and canvases.
A $50 non-refundable retainer is required for NEW clients only. The remainder of the session fee is due on the day of your session.
There is a $50 travel fee for sessions located outside the Colorado Springs area.
You receive 10% off any type session repeated within 6 months of each other.